Friday, July 20, 2012

2nd to last week

Hello everyone!  Hope you had a great week. :)  This was the first week where we did not have a set schedule.  We have always had a schedule from teaching at the middle school and other schools and this week school was out.  So each day was completely held in the Lord's hands and it was amazing!  We spent a lot of time with our closer friends and developed even deeper friendships with them.

Sarah and her son now regard us as family.  We have spent so much time over there this past week and it is another home there.  We even made a piñata for her son's birthday party!  I just love Sarah so much.  She is like a mother figure to Erica, Zoe and I out there.  Also, Sally, Jessie, and O are over at our house all the time!  We even started a BIBLE STUDY WITH THEM!  We are so excited about it!  They were the ones that asked to keep it going everyday last week.  THEY EVEN INVITED OTHER PEOPLE TO IT! By the end of the week we probably handed out around five bibles.  To a place who have never had people living in the village bringing the gospel, this is HUGE.  I never thought this would have happened in just 6 weeks, but God opened the door and we took it!  Pray for Jessie, Sally, and O as we continue this coming week.  Also, pray for Joe, G, and Al since they have been a few who have also come.

We hope to free up our schedule again to let the Lord work this final week out in the village and leave these people knowing God will be with them when we are gone.  Also, please pray for incoming teams coming into the village to continue the mission there.  We do not know specifics on this yet, but we know people are coming.

Finally, prayer for my team will continue to be much appreciated.  We have all struggled physically this week with health related issues.  I have suffered a lot with this.  I had to go to the doctor while in Oaxaca and found out I have had a bacterial infection in my stomach.  I believe I have probably had this for about a month now and it just got really bad this week. This caused me to be sick in the village a lot this past week.  Sarah was able to take good care of me though. :)  I'm glad God provided an opportunity for that. So God has been able to work through it, but prayers that the medicine I am on now will work would be much appreciated. :)

We head back to the village tomorrow and will get back next saturday.  This has been one of the best experiences of my life and I'm excited to finish it out strong for the one who has provided the way thus far and for us all.  Love you all and I'll see you in about a week and a half!  I'll update you again before I head home!







Much Love,  Jordan :)


No comments:

Post a Comment